What sorts of programming is offered for my children/youth at CCRC?
- Community CRC offers a range of programs for children from infancy all the way through young adulthood. Nursery is provided for infants through 3 year olds.
- For the months of July & August, children ages 3, 4 & 5 are invited weekly to attend Sunday School.
What should I expect on a Sunday morning?
- Our hope is from the moment you walk through our doors that you would feel welcomed. We strive to live our mission statement - to be growing in relationship with God, each other and our community. You can expect each weekly service to last about 75 minutes in length where we praise the Lord through song, Word and prayer. We strive to be intentionally intergenerational, believing that we have much to learn from the young and the old alike. Following the service, we provide a time of fellowship with coffee, tea and juice being served in our gymnasium or outside (weather dependent).
What should I wear?
- Come dressed comfortably. There are those who wear jeans, shorts and t-shirts and those who wear suits and dresses. We believe that it is not the outside that God looks at, but rather the heart.
When should I arrive?
- The service starts promptly at 10:00 am. Please come 10-15 minutes ahead of time. Please note that if you are a parent of a young infant or toddler, sign-in for your child is required pre-service.
Who can help me with any questions I may have about your church?
- There are many people available to help you out on a Sunday morning. A great first place to start is at our Welcome Desk (to the right as you enter the main lobby). A serving elder is stationed there each week to help you with any questions or concerns you may have about our services and building. Also our ushers, who each week are situated at the sanctuary doors, will be more than happy to help you with anything you may need.
Is your church accessible for those living with mobility challenges or hearing impairment?
- Community CRC is a barrier-free, fully wheelchair accessible space. We have spacious seating and fully accessible washrooms in order to make your visit with us as comfortable as possible. For those with hearing impairment, a hearing loop system is provided in the sanctuary. Portable listening devices are also available at the sound booth (right in front of the main sanctuary doors).
Community CRC is barrier-free and fully wheelchair accessible.
A hearing loop system is installed in the sanctuary. To use, switch your hearing aid to the telecom (T) setting and adjust the volume as needed. Portable listening devices are also available at the sound booth.
Programs are provided by Friendship Ministries.