Serving as part of Community is a way to share the gifts we have been given. Volunteering is also one of the best ways to meet other people at Community!
Current Volunteer Needs
There are many opportunities to serve at Community CRC. If you are interested in any of these positions, email the church office or the ministry address provided.
Nursery – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We need adults and teens to volunteer to babysit kids during the service. (This is a perfect opportunity for high school volunteer hours!)
- We have 3 rooms: Infant, Toddler and 2 year olds
- You can select which room you would like to volunteer in.
Coffee Break – Contact email@example.com
- The leadership team is looking forward to the 2023-24 season. You can support this ministry by helping with nursery or leading a preschool program on Wednesday mornings.
Ushers for Worship Services – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are in need of 2 volunteers to join our usher teams for Sunday morning services. Usher teams are scheduled once every 4 weeks.
Safe Church Team – Contact email@example.com
- We are looking for 1 member to join our team! We welcome any adult member who can commit to meeting 4-6 times a year. You don't need experience, just a compassionate heart. The Safe Church Team is responsible for addressing issues of abuse within the congregation, which includes harassment, physical abuse, and more, which could be from volunteers, congregants and/or staff. The Team also maintains the Abuse Prevention Policy and online training.
A/V Tech Team – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We're looking for 2 volunteers for projection and live stream video. Full training provided. Time commitment is a Sunday morning service with a 8:45am rehearsal time once every 5 weeks.
Worship Team – Contact email@example.com
- Are you interested in playing an instrument for Sunday morning worship services? Or if you aren't ready to play for a service, do you want to come to a rehearsal to see what it's like? We can pair you with an experienced musician who can help you!
Impact Co-Leaders – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You and a partner make sure all the volunteers are on the same page for Big Group Nights (2 Wednesdays) and for Social Events (monthly). As co-leaders you are administratively supported by our Youth Ministries Administrator, Anita DeHaan, and the pastoral team for teaching and big picture planning. Estimated Time Commitment: 10 hours/month.
Sunday School - Contact Darlene at email@example.com
- Teachers - you and a partner will alternate Sundays. All curriculum is provided through the CRC program Dwell.
- Teen helpers! - you will assist the teachers. It is a great way to make up highschool volunteer hours.
Volunteer Training and Record Checks
All volunteers are required to complete yearly mandatory training in disability awareness, safe church policy, abuse prevention practices and emergency/fire safety. This training can be completed online at https://training.ccrc.on.ca/.
Based on our Safe Church policies, all volunteers also need a Record Check completed by Waterloo Regional Police Services every 5 years. The form only takes a few minutes to complete online and you can choose the location from which to pick up the completed Record Check. Once you have paid for the Record Check, submit the receipt to the Church Office for reimbursement. https://www.wrps.on.ca/en/services-reporting/background-or-record-checks.aspx
If you have previously submitted a Record Check, the Church Office has record of that and will notify you when you need to complete another one. If you are unsure, please email for confirmation.
The Abuse Prevention Policy, Fire Prevention Plan and other forms can be found on the Accessiblity, Forms and Policy page. If you have any questions, please contact Paula La Fontaine at firstname.lastname@example.org