Our Beliefs and Mission
Since 1948, Community Christian Reformed Church has built its foundation upon Biblical authority. Additionally, the Apostle’s Creed, Nicene Creed and the Athanasian Creed have provided our congregation with comprehensive explanations of our Christian faith.
Since our roots are deeply derived from the sixteenth-century Reformation, by definition we affirm three historic Reformed confessions of the Christian faith: The Belgic Confession, Canons of Dort, and the Heidelberg Catechism.
Community CRC is a denominational member of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA). Both The Network and The Banner provide resources for numerous conversations currently occurring in our denomination.
Growing in relationship with God, each other and our community in the Waterloo Region serves as our foundational mission at Community CRC.
The integration of a biblical world view within the daily Christian life has been a defining characteristic of the CRCNA. For generations Christians have been led by God to marry their faith into their everyday work and lives. That legacy serves as a pillar in many institutions today. Reformed Christian ideas preside actively in schools, political and socio-economic groups, the media, farming and many other familiar organizations.
Locally Reformed Christianity has taken root and grown in these various capacities
- Laurentian Hills Christian School (elementary)
- Woodland Christian High School (secondary)
- Redeemer University (undergraduate liberal arts)
- Institute for Christian Studies (graduate)
- Calvin Theological Seminary (certificate and graduate)
- Cardus (think-tank researching socio-economic and political issues)
- Christian Courier (bi-weekly newspaper featuring independent journalism)
- Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario (agricultural policy and sustainable farming)
- Christian Stewardship Services (financial planning)
- Citizens for Public Justice (public policy research and justice advocacy)
- Christian Labour Association of Canada (labour union)
- ReFrame Ministries (using media for evangelism)
- Resonate Global Mission (national and international evangelism)
- Shalem Mental Health Network (counselling and therapy for individuals, families, communities)
- World Renew (national and international community development, disaster relief, peace and justice advocacy)