Our Beliefs and Mission
Community Christian Reformed Church, established in 1948, is a Christian church whose foundational authority is the Bible. We affirm three historical creeds – the Apostles' Creed, the Nicene Creed, and the Athanasian Creed – as ecunemical expressions of the Christian faith.
Our roots go back to the sixteen-century Reformation and we affirm three confessions – the Belgic Confession, Canons of Dort, and Heidelberg Catechism – as historic Reformed confessions of the Christian faith.
Community CRC is a member of the denomination of the Christian Reformed Church in North America. For more resources, The Network is a venue for numerous conversations about everything that goes on within the CRCNA and The Banner is the denomination's monthly magazine.
The mission of Community CRC is growing in our relationship with God, each other, and our community in the Waterloo Region.
A defining characteristic of the CRCNA has been its development of a biblical view on and practice of the Christian life. Many generations of Christians have responded to God's Word by trying to integrate their faith with their everyday work and lives. That legacy is at work in institutions today. You will find Reformed Christian ideas active in schools, political and socio-economic groups, the media, farming and many other organizations.
Here are examples of how Reformed Christianity has taken root and grown locally.
- Laurentian Hills Christian School (elementary)
- Woodland Christian High School (secondary)
- Redeemer University (undergraduate liberal arts)
- Institute for Christian Studies (graduate)
- Calvin Theological Seminary (certificate and graduate)
- Cardus (think-tank researching socio-economic and political issues)
- Christian Courier (bi-weekly newspaper featuring independent journalism)
- Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario (agricultural policy and sustainable farming)
- Christian Stewardship Services (financial planning)
- Citizens for Public Justice (public policy research and justice advocacy)
- Christian Labour Association of Canada (labour union)
- ReFrame Ministries (using media for evangelism)
- Resonate Global Mission (national and international evangelism)
- Shalem Mental Health Network (counselling and therapy for individuals, families, communities)
- World Renew (national and international community development, disaster relief, peace and justice advocacy)