Serving as part of Community is a way to share the gifts we have been given. Volunteering is also one of the best ways to meet other people at Community!
Current Volunteer Needs
There are many opportunities to serve at Community CRC as we start a new ministry year this fall! If you are interested in any of these positions, email the church office or the ministry address provided.
- We are looking for adult and teen volunteers! This is a perfect opportunity for highschool volunteer hours. - Contact email@example.com
- 1 Musician and 1 craft leader and helpers
- The children attending will be JK - Grade 3
- Sunday School will be held during the service
Ushers for Worship Services – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are in need of 2 volunteers to join our usher teams for Sunday morning services. Usher teams are scheduled once every 4 weeks.
Safe Church Team – Contact Paula email@example.com
- We are looking for 1 member to join our team! We welcome any adult member who can commit to meeting 4-6 times a year. You don't need experience, just a compassionate heart. The Safe Church Team is responsible for addressing issues of abuse within the congregation, which includes harassment, physical abuse, and more, which could be from volunteers, congregants and/or staff. The Team also maintains the Abuse Prevention Policy and online training.
GEMS (Girls Everywhere Meeting the Saviour) – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The basic responsibility of a GEMS volunteer is to develop a loving, nurturing relationship with girls in her club and to point them closer to Jesus. We are looking for new GEMS Counsellors. A counsellor is the primary mentor for a group of 6-8 girls, leading small group time. Time committment is 2 hours/week from September-April.
- We are also looking for a Prayer Partner to volunteer 2 hours/week from September-April. A Prayer Partner commits to praying for leaders and girls in club, and may be available to pray with and for girls during club.
A/V Tech Team – Contact email@example.com
- We're looking for 2 volunteers for video and sound, including junior positions. Full training provided. Time commitment is a Sunday morning service with a 9am rehearsal time once every 5 weeks.
Worship Team – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you interested in playing an instrument for Sunday morning worship services? Or if you aren't ready to play for a service, do you want to come to a rehearsal to see what it's like? We can pair you with an experienced musician who can help you!
- Ministry Co-Leaders (1-2)
- Do you love seeing the big picture? And helping to guide and connect others to that big picture? Well, here’s the role for you! We’re looking for 1-2 folks who would serve as ministry leader(s) to the high school ministry. This involves working closely with Anita DeHaan, Administrator – Youth Programs, and Pastor Amanda, as well as our amazing CCRC teenagers!
Volunteer Training and Record Checks
All volunteers are required to complete yearly mandatory training in disability awareness, safe church policy, abuse prevention practices and emergency/fire safety. This training can be completed online at https://training.ccrc.on.ca/.
Based on our Safe Church policies, all volunteers also need a Record Check completed by Waterloo Regional Police Services every 5 years. The form only takes a few minutes to complete online and you can choose the location from which to pick up the completed Record Check. Once you have paid for the Record Check, submit the receipt to the Church Office for reimbursement. https://www.wrps.on.ca/en/services-reporting/background-or-record-checks.aspx
If you have previously submitted a Record Check, the Church Office has record of that and will notify you when you need to complete another one. If you are unsure, please email for confirmation.
The Abuse Prevention Policy, Fire Prevention Plan and other forms can be found on the Accessiblity, Forms and Policy page. If you have any questions, please contact Paula La Fontaine at email@example.com